Saturday, December 24, 2005

Fell off the blogosphere....

Hi, If you have been looking for a post here this past week or so, it hasn't been happening. My partner is out of town on family stuff and I got really busy at work and the two combined have thrown me a little out of whack. Plus writing all that stuff about trauma, betrayal bonds and ptsd was sort of emotionally draining. I just kinda wanted to get that out and then didn't have anything to say for a while. So my clock is all messed up from the ptsd. Having a hard time sleeping...I get terrible nightmares as I am dropping off that then wake me up, then I start to fall back asleep and the same thing happens again. Oh well...this is probably my karmic payback for once telling someone with insomnia that nobody ever died from lack of sleep. Days have been ok though. I'm seldom alone so being by myself is a different way of occupying my world. I miss my partner bunches but I'm ok alone. With the nightmares its probably good she's not here as I often accidentally maul her (not hurtfully fortunately, just wakes her) in my sleep or wake her from yelling out in my dreams. This has been going on for several years now, but this past week has been the worst its been in a while. So I don't have any new info...there is more I want to write about...I got a couple of books that Holly posted on a while ago. I read one and will give a mini review, then look around the other blogs on ptsd and related stuff and see if I have anything to say! And Grrrr...I just found out one of my posts that has the links to all the other ones disappeared. OK, fixed it...If you have been looking for the first page of the betrayal bonds post its back up. So that's my little 4 AM stream-of-consciousness report from the front.

If I don't get to posting tomorrow, I hope you have a warm and safe holiday with people you love and that love you. G'night.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Getting Better,
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season. All the best in 2006!
    Merry Christmas from Holly
    lol Deck the halls Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yes I most definitely do still exist. Just taking a little breather, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is the grounding material
    ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've run out of things to say for the time being and gotten really busy with other stuff. What I'll do soon is make a sticky post with a guide to all the other posts so that people can find what they want right away. After that, I'll post when stuff comes up but things are fairly copascetic on the ptsd front right now, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. meinexile said...
    where is the grounding material
    ??
    I accidentally took it offline. It is back up now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have nightmares every night and a lot of trouble sleeping. I went to a special counselor who treated sleep disorders using cognative behavioral therapy and take medication to help me sleep. Now, I sleep great. I wish you healing. Check out my blog. You are not alone. http://jewexploringbuddhism.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete